Compressors and fans are everywhere underground.
The Red Compressor has always been particularly interesting to me.
The Red Compressor has always been particularly interesting to me.
| That is my Raisin/Popcorn Backstock Storage Area directly to the left of the Red Compressor. The astute observer will be able to identify the location of the red shopping baskets. |
On Wednesday I heard it chugging, which is fairly unusual,
so I went to stare at it for a while.
so I went to stare at it for a while.
I puzzled over why it would be chugging and I suddenly knew what the Red Compressor was for -- THE AIR HOSE ON THE OUTSIDE WALL BY THE SODA MACHINES!
SO... my befuddled brain told me that if this box is for the solar panels, and this box is on the wall next to the Red Compressor, then I must be standing under the coffee area by the registers.
But I was waaaaaay wrong.
It is waaaaaaaay more better 'n that.
So when I went in Thursday morning I paid special attention.
Looking to the left I could see the peak of the old original Merrill & Sons building.
| See the blue fence wall thing on the lower left? Those are the customer restrooms. |
And when I saw that I GOT IT! The Red Compressor is UNDER THE OLD OUTSIDE WALL OF THE ORIGINAL STORE BUILDING! So I went back down to the Red Compressor area, to the last aisle where I found the J. R. Liggett's Old Fashioned Bar Shampoo, and saw THIS... THESE ARE THE ORIGINAL BASEMENT STEPS GOING UP TO THE OLD ORIGINAL FRONT DOOR!!!!!!
Now doesn't that just blow your skirts up??
Click here to see where these stairs are.
(partially hidden to the left behind the circuit panel board thing)
(I will be examining the old floor joists and foundations and sill plates 'n such. I think the wine cellar is a good place to start.)

Your blog just gets better & better.
ReplyDeleteOSM
awww gee thanks! *blush*
ReplyDelete