Friday, February 8, 2013

Bulk Nails

This is the old scale on the Nail Bench used to weigh the bulk nails.
What I love is when someone weighs their own nails on it, 
then comes to the register with their brown bag 'o nails, 
and has to have them re-weighed on the produce scale to get the price,
and the weight is slightly different,
and we get to have chuckle over the Venerable Old Thing not being as accurate
as the shiny new stainless LCD-equipped electronic whiz-scale.
I like that juxtaposition of old and new.
Once a customer did get upset though.
He was an older gentleman who clearly remembered The Old Days.
He believed in the unswerving accuracy and honesty of the Venerable Old Thing.
He felt it was unfair that the New Whiz Thing was making him pay more money for the nails than the Venerable Old Thing.
I agreed.
I gave him the Venerable Old Thing price.
Who wouldn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.