Sunday, January 26, 2014

Autumn Rememberies: To the 'Daks!

 September. It is easy to be happy in September.
If you happen to be coming from Burlington, Vermont (which I was),
you can ride a ferry across Lake Champlain
from Charlotte (shar - LOT) to Essex, New York,
then drive about 2 hours to the high peaks in the 'Daks
(which I did.)

It was twilight
and the water was rough
and it was windy.
I stood at the bow close to the chain
and felt the spray as the bow crashed into the waves.
It was exhilarating.

Then I camped at the side of a remote road.
It rained all night.
The next day I climbed a favorite peak.
The trail was littered with the Signs Of Golden Happiness.
Clouds were rolling in and out.
It would get so foggy we had to grope our way
from cairn to cairn.

I camped out a second night.
The clouds blew off and the stars came out.
I shared a campfire.
We watched stars and told stories.
It was fun.
Yay 'Daks!
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.