Thursday, December 20, 2012

Upheaval

It was a disorienting autumn at the store. 

Huh? What is the meat dept stove doing in the screw room?
Huh? What is the meat dept hot box doing by the blue bench?

It's complicated.

It all has to do with the source of the Slime-ish Sea.
(Remember the Slime-ish Sea? Refresh your memory by clicking here!)
Gross.
 The drain in the bottom of the meat case was the culprit.

Every Tuesday, when Betty "cleaned" the meat case, it would rain in the basement.

The floor was so rotten and buckled it was difficult to walk on.

 The meat dept ladies are S A I N T S
 (I love to shout "Yo! Deli Bitches!" when I walk by but I don't think they like that appellation all so much)
 to have worked for so long with that miserable floor under their feet!!!

So the meat case was finally replaced.

It was a BIG DEAL.
What will people do without their McWhits??
EEEEEEWWWWWWWW.
Unusual sight.
It is downhill from the registers to the front door.
The hard part is done.
Now replace the floor.

My underworld exposed. Now you see why THIS was not an ordinary day.
All done.
Install the new one.
Oooooooo! Shiny! I suggested that someone crawl in there and look corpse-like for a photo before loading it up but Verne wasn't around and  no one else would do it.
 
Woo Hoo!! Secret looks at our bods can be had!!
The Deli Bitches acknowledge Shiny, but ultimately withhold approval.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.