I acquired Post-Swiss Traumatic View Disorder
while going over all the photos from last summer's Swiss hiking trip.
while going over all the photos from last summer's Swiss hiking trip.
REALLY??
The Matterhorn is nice and all but 56 photos of it????
I DON'T THINK SO!!!!
So I decided I needed an adventure to cleanse my esthetic lens.
I was slow getting started because I also acquired
Post-Swiss Traumatic Hiking Clothes Disorder from looking like
Klutz Bag:
The Incredible Shrinking Hiker
I spent a lot of time rooting though my stuff looking for a pair of hiking pants that made me feel like
Old Lady Sexy Bod Tight Pants.
Note: PSTHCD is frequently confused with an obscure
condition acquired from smoking too much Thai stick while on holiday in
Switzerland.
OK, back to the matter at hand. I finally found a pair of black, hip hugging, stylishly belled hiking pants that I had dismissed years ago as being "too young" for me. WOO HOO!! Just what I needed for this adventure.
I decided to walk to the highest spot in Vermont. Long time readers with an intact organic google function in their wetware will recall that I had been close to that spot before. All others click here
===> MOUNT MANSFIELD #1
Mt. Mansfield #2 Salient Points:
(1) Gorgeous Day
(2) GREAT PANTS !!!!!!
(Yes, I know that there are now twelve (12) exclamation points in this post, but so far I have not received any warnings from the Blogger Police regarding profligate exclamation point usage.)
(3) HUGE yummy gluten free cookie to think about on the uphill slog
(4) Enough uphill slog to provide respite from the daily drone of horizontal walking
(5) You didn't think it would be lonely at the highest spot in Vermont on a gorgeous day, did you?
(6) The reason I could get there this time was becuase I came at it from a different direction, so I hiked past the summit until I found the cliff that had stopped me 2 years ago.
I WIN!!
Did I know you were eating GF(gluten free)?? What trail did you go up this time?
ReplyDeletehugs!
Hey Tos! I thought about you on this hike becuase I knew I was in your neighborhood. I went up from Underhill State Park, which compared to the Hell Brook Trail is just a pleasant afternoon walk! I have only been GF since last spring. You are GF too, I take it.
ReplyDelete