Grocery Czar Scrutinized
Accusations Made
Invective Hurled
Ok, so it's true.
I left expired Jello on the shelf.
But I didn't intend for it to actually sell.
I mean, the reason they expired is 'cause no one bought those flavors,
so it's not like I was going to order MORE
I mean, the reason they expired is 'cause no one bought those flavors,
so it's not like I was going to order MORE
and I thought it looked so pretty --
the full range of flavors side by each, colorful and cheerful.
![]() |
| The only pic I have of OLD Jello. I always meant to take a better one but I never felt like it. Now, flavors are GONE. |
It was a REALLY WEIRD day.
====> FIRST,
I had already decided to do a Jello Expose early Friday morning.
====> SECOND,
mid-morning, a lady came up to me holding the last four boxes of
Jello Coconut Cream Cook and Serve Pudding,
which I happened to know were expired.
So I thought, "Uh oh. Duck and cover."
BUT,
she only wanted to know if I was going to order more.
"No," I said, "becuase it expires. No one buys it."
She said, "But I can't get it anywhere else! I BUY IT!"
I told her she was holding -- GASP! -- EXPIRED JELLO.
She knew and didn't care that it was 8 months out of date,
as long as she could be eating
Jello Coconut Cream Cook and Serve Pudding.
So, I ordered more!
A case for her and a case for me!
YUM!
====> THIRD
You won't believe this.
Mid-afternoon there was scene at Register One.
A customer was offended at having found -- GASP! -- EXPIRED JELLO
on the shelf and complained to the Cashier On Duty.
Who told Dan.
Who implemented a
Police Action against the Jello State.
He pulled a WHOLE BASKET OF JELLO off my shelf,
called me over,
and told me about The Expired Jello Incident At Register One.
I told him,
"Sure, there is some expired Jello but NOT THAT MUCH!!"
I hurled invective and examined the Jello in the basket.
In fact, he had READ SOME OF THE THE DATES
I N C O R R E C T L Y !!!
So I got to do the "It's Me I'm Great I'm Right HA HA" Dance.
Which was very satisfying.
But then,
I had to accept that my Jello Display was forever altered,
that it would never reach Peak Flavor Saturation again.
The grief was so overwhelming
I couldn't even bring myself to photograph my ravaged display.
I rearranged things a bit and tried to accept
The Post-Apocalyptic Jello State.
So what have I learned from all of this?
Never put all your Jello in one basket.
A customer was offended at having found -- GASP! -- EXPIRED JELLO
on the shelf and complained to the Cashier On Duty.
Who told Dan.
Who implemented a
Police Action against the Jello State.
He pulled a WHOLE BASKET OF JELLO off my shelf,
called me over,
and told me about The Expired Jello Incident At Register One.
I told him,
"Sure, there is some expired Jello but NOT THAT MUCH!!"
I hurled invective and examined the Jello in the basket.
In fact, he had READ SOME OF THE THE DATES
I N C O R R E C T L Y !!!
So I got to do the "It's Me I'm Great I'm Right HA HA" Dance.
Which was very satisfying.
But then,
I had to accept that my Jello Display was forever altered,
that it would never reach Peak Flavor Saturation again.
The grief was so overwhelming
I couldn't even bring myself to photograph my ravaged display.
I rearranged things a bit and tried to accept
The Post-Apocalyptic Jello State.
| Notice the box of Jello Chocolate Cook and Serve Pudding acting as a place holder for Jello Coconut Cream Cook and Serve Pudding, which will be arriving Monday. |
| The sale is giant, not the Jello. |
| You see before you here, in this basket -- GASP! -- EXPIRED JELLO. |

Did you know that 'apocalypse' actually means 'the raising of the veil when all shall be revealed'?
ReplyDelete(I think)
OSM
I didn't know that, but it makes sense. I think Jello has certain revelatory properties, but no veil-lifting ones.
ReplyDelete(Origin of apocalypse: Middle English, revelation, Revelation, from Anglo-French apocalipse, from Late Latin apocalypsis, from Greek apokalypsis, from apokalyptein to uncover, from apo- + kalyptein to cover)