It was an inspiring day for a hike, clear and cold. The leaves were frosty and the sky was blue. There were lots of interesting things to see.
Higher up, it was winter. There was ice and snow.
It would be a good place to live, in a shack, with a wood stove and a chainsaw.
It would be a good place to live, in a shack, with a wood stove and a chainsaw.
You will need chickens.
ReplyDeleteOSM
I do have ONE chicken. She lives alone in The Boar's Den (which used to be The Partridge Hill Poultry Palace until weasels, racoons, disease, and dogs ravaged the girls.) In the summer, she gives me one egg every other day. I am worried for her this winter. How will she stay warm all by herself in the spacious and well-appointed poultry palace?
ReplyDeleteLooks like it was a lovely walk! Where?? Perhaps said chicken needs to find a boarding house; she might not be so lonely then either..
ReplyDeletehugs
tos
Hi Tos! Good to hear from you. This hike was up Bald Mountain at Lake Willoughby. I want to go back soon and hike Mount Pisgah. I also have a yen to see the spot on the map labeled the Gnome Steps. About poor Chickie Chick: she would probably get hen-pecked if she were introduced into an established flock.
ReplyDelete