The
Gospel Truth
As Told to Me by God
I
now proclaim, from heretofore until forevermore, that the word
"becuase" is no longer a misspelling. It is merely a disspelling,
which is not as bad as a misspelling. I can make this proclamation becuase God,
with whom I was conversing last night, put me in charge of spreading the Good
News about Spelling. He told me that's what the word Gospel
really means -- Good news about Spelling.
The Good News
is that God doesn't give a shit about spelling. Which you may already know if
you are an intelligent person with a good education but still get judged by
spelling snobs every time your fingers are faster than your brain. But now you also know becuase I told you -- becuase you are lucky enough to have an
"in" with the Spiritual Speller. That is the title God gave me last night
What?
You
don't believe me?
I
can prove it. You come hang out with me and I will let you talk to God with me.
It might take more than one day becuase God doesn't talk to me every day. That
would be just silly. I mean, he has War and Starvation, Disease and Suffering,
Violence and Sorrow, and Lice
on Schoolchildren's Heads with which to deal. Why would he talk to the
Spiritual Speller every day?
Anyway,
if what I am saying weren't true, why would God have let us think up the
electronic spell checker? The spell checker is God's way of telling us that,
while standardized spelling is a boon to communication and understanding, it is
in no way a measure of a person's spiritual worth, depth of soul, or
intelligence quotient (IQ is Lucifer’s idea, btw.)
i iz a gud speeler
ReplyDeleteOr, at least, I CAN spell correctly. I just don't, or something.
And the other day I went to tell Word to change "jsut" to "just" but I accidentally hit "add to dictionary" instead, which means that "jsut" is totally a word now.