Saturday, August 29, 2009

Say this everyday to help yourself remember that it is the task of the human being to bring love to the world

I arise today through the strength of Love

Love's wisdom to guide my heart
Love's eye to guide my seeing
Love's ear to guide my hearing
Love's word to guide my speaking

Love in the heart of everyone who thinks of me
Love in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me
Love in every eye that sees me
Love in every ear that hears me

I arise today through the strength of Love

2 comments:

  1. What a way to start the day!
    I know this as a variant of 'St. Patrick's Breastplate'.
    Look out for Shaun Davey/Rita Connelly on the album 'The Pilgrim' They record it by the title 'The Deer's Cry'. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You recognized this verse! I am impressed. Yes, I stole it from St. Patrick. When I read the version of his life in 'How the Irish Saved Civilzation,' by Thomas Cahill, it moved me so deeply I adopted the Breastplate and have been saying it ever since.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.