I am sure it is spring because, yesterday, I was caught out at Morning Sing for not having any spring songs ready. I was told, "But, Ms. Sanglier, this is spring in Vermont."
So today I decided to document this remarkable statement with photographic evidence. To be fair, as I took the above photo, there were robins hopping about near me and I heard the singing of red-winged blackbirds. I also noticed that the willow trees were showing a slightly enhanced shade of yellowish ochre, which can only mean one thing: it is, indeed, spring in Vermont.
And this is spring in Clover Hollow, same time of year... early April... same kind of weather... snow. But look across the road... the garden is plowed. And the redbud and wedding bush are in bloom. Now THAT is spring!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.